Downbursts are strong downdrafts that are often associated with intense heavy rain and hail. As soon as the downdraft reaches the ground, it spreads sideways, and the wind can reach hurricane force.
This downburst is one of two that took place near Wolfhagen. We watched as the precipitation fell below the cloud base and a little later reached the ground, where it spread sideways kicking up dust.
Taken on August 28, 2016.
Exclusive limited prints
Photo paper prints
These exclusive giclée quality photographic prints have a partly glossy, partly matte finish, providing you with highly saturated look and maximum ink coverage.
• 10 mil (0.25 mm) thick, fingerprint resistant
• Ayous wood .75″ (1.9 cm) thick frame from renewable forests
• 10.3 mil (0.26 mm), 5.57 oz/y² (189 g/m²) photo paper
• Lightweight with acrylite front protector
• Hanging hardware included
Canvas wall art
• 20.5 mil thick poly-cotton blend canvas
• Hand-stretched over solid wood stretcher bars
• Matte finish coating