This supercell displayed its dangerous beauty in the light of the setting sun. The blue sky was visible on the left while the anvil spread out above it at a height of around 15 km.
In the center is the massive rotating updraft tower. The dark cloud base is around 1000 m above the ground, while the updraft spirals up to 16 km.
On the right is the precipitation core, where hail and rain fall to the ground. We were also lucky enough to see several tornadoes on this supercell. The storm developed in the afternoon and remained active well into the night – an unforgettable experience.
Taken on May 14, 2018.
Exclusive limited prints Triptych available New
Photo paper prints
These exclusive giclée quality photographic prints have a partly glossy, partly matte finish, providing you with highly saturated look and maximum ink coverage.
• 10 mil (0.25 mm) thick, fingerprint resistant
• Ayous wood .75″ (1.9 cm) thick frame from renewable forests
• 10.3 mil (0.26 mm), 5.57 oz/y² (189 g/m²) photo paper
• Lightweight with acrylite front protector
• Hanging hardware included
Canvas wall art
• 20.5 mil thick poly-cotton blend canvas
• Hand-stretched over solid wood stretcher bars
• Matte finish coating